2018 Accreditation Requirements for Acute Care Hospitals
Effective March 1, 2018
Please forward this accreditation information to the following members of your Leadership Team:
- Senior Leadership
- Vice-President, Medical Staff Affairs
- Chief Medical Officer
- Chief Nursing Executive
- Director, Swing Bed Program
2018 Manual Updates
HFAP has revised Chapter 32 Swing Beds to be in compliance with Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Reform of Requirements for Long-Term Care Facilities as posted in the Federal Register on October 4, 2016. This final rule revises requirements for swing beds.
The Federal Register final rule results in the revision of nearly all standards in this chapter. These standards have also been renumbered to reflect the new Code of Federal Regulations (CfR) assignment.
- 03.05.01 through 03.05.03 Utilization of Osteopathic Methods & Concepts Committee
- 10.01.32 Actions Taken to Improve Glycemic Control
- 12.01.06 HFAP Clinical Quality Measurement Program
These revised requirements will be effective March 1, 2018.
Please download the final and redline versions of Chapter 32 – Swing Beds below. The full 2018 Acute Care manual will be made available in the coming weeks.
- Chapter 32 (Final)
- Chapter 32 (Redline Version)
- Chapter 32 – Crosswalk of Changes (New to Old)
- Chapter 32 – Crosswalk of Changes (Old to New)
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com.