Attention: Acute Care Hospital, Critical Access Hospital, Clinical Laboratory, Ambulatory Surgery Center
Please share this with:
Medical Director – Laboratory services
Administrative Director – Laboratory
Point of Care Coordinator
The CDC has updated Interim Laboratory Biosafety Guidelines for Handling and Processing Specimens Associated with COVID-19
- This is updated guidance from the CDC that includes additional information about point-of-care (POC) testing for SARS-CoV-2.
- The guidance includes information related to the following:
- Use of instruments in a location associated with a current CLIA certificate
- Site- and activity-specific risk assessment
- Proper training for staff
- Adherence to Standard Precautions when handling clinical specimens
- Decontamination of the POC instruments
Read the entire guidance document here.
Questions? Reach out to email@example.com