Why seek HFAP certification?
HFAP certification programs:
- Drive your service delivery structures toward advanced levels of care.
- Encourage the adoption of practices that improve outcomes and reduce risk.
- Benchmark your performance to place data in a meaningful context.
- Articulate a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Signal excellence to your patients, staff, and payers.
- Provide your staff with an opportunity to build skills and receive recognition for achievement.
- Strengthen community partnerships and consumer confidence.
HFAP certification options
Begin by requesting and reviewing the relevant program manual to become familiar with HFAP policies and the certification program standards. Apply by completing and submitting your application through HFAP Compass and the relevant program fee.
An onsite survey to learn about your program and assess compliance with certification standards will be scheduled in consultation with your organization.
Surveys generally take place within 90 days of receipt of the completed application and payment. HFAP certification surveys are conducted by a team of specially-trained reviewers. At the conclusion of the onsite survey, the surveyor(s) will provide a verbal overview of findings. They submit a written report of the survey to HFAP for additional review. We may seek clarification from the surveyor(s) that leads to amending the report to modify or remove deficiencies cited at the exit conference.
The final deficiency report is sent to the organization within 10 working days. The organization must implement actions to correct identified deficiencies, providing a formal, written response within 10 calendar days that demonstrates compliance relative to each deficiency identified in the report. Failure to respond to and correct deficiencies cited may result in denial of certification.
An organization that has been granted certification is provided with an HFAP certificate and electronic certification seals.